No one can deny from the fact that the advent of internet along with the advancement in technology has made the life of people easier than before. From shopping to making financial transactions, everything has become digitalized. To complete these transactions, users have to put their personal and confidential information on different websites, which is becoming a way for the hackers to steal your data or even corrupt your device.
To deal with this situation, Webroot Secure Anywhere has come to the rescue. Webroot offers a number of security solutions that can be installed on a single or multiple devices. If you are using any of the Webroot security software or antivirus on different devices and want to set different permissions on it then you need to follow a specific set of instructions.
Setting up different permissions will help you giving or restricting a particular user an access to certain functions. The settings will also help you in protecting your device from malware and virus attacks that attempt to change the antivirus settings without letting you know. For changing the Webroot SecureAnywhere access settings, follow the below-given instructions:
- Access the Webroot SecureAnywhere and click Advanced Settings option available in the upper-right corner
- Under the Settings Panel, hit Access Control
- For changing the settings, simply select or deselect the checkbox in front of it
- After then, click Save
- It’s done!
If you are unable to find any of the Access Control setting, call Webroot subscription Support team on the Webroot subscription toll-free number. An expert will immediately provide you the right solution.
Below is the list of Access Control Settings you can make changes to:
- Enable Password Protection– By enabling this, only the authorized user having the password can make any changes
- Password– After enabling the password protection, type the password
- Repeat Password– After enabling the password protection, re-enter the password
- Protect Against Process Termination – Enabling this control access will stop users and programs from terminating any process
- Protect Against Process Tampering– Enabling this control access will stop users and programs from changing the behavior any process
- Allow un-installation by non-admin users– With this permission, you can access the Antimalware Tools despite the fact you are logged in as an admin user or not
- Hide the keycode on screen– Enable you hide the keycode or product key when displayed on the screen
- Allow Access to advanced features by non-admin users- The permission enables you to access all the latest features despite the fact you are signed in as an admin user or not
- Allow users to remove threats without a password- Permit the users even when the password protect is enabled!
If you want any kind of help, contact Webroot support team!