Webroot is one of the American companies that have been developing its online security software for offering the protection againt online threats. All the Webroot subscription can be subscribed to offer to protection to unlimited number of devices. As a result of this, the users could easily transfer their Webroot subscription to another device as long as their subscription remains active. Thus, the stepwise procedure to transfer the Webroot subscription to another device has been mentioned in the below information.
Before initializing the process of transferring the subscription, the users should be ensured that their subscription is valid or not.
Steps to transfer the Webroot Subscription are as follows:
- Locate the Webroot Activation Code:-
- First and foremost, locate the 20-character alpha numeric Webroot activation code and note it.
- The users could easily locate the Webroot activation code from either of the two locations listed below:
- From the email sent from Webroot (if the subscription has been purchased over internet connection)
- Printed text inside the Webroot Secure-Anywhere box (if purchased through retail stores).
- If the Webroot antivirus has been installed to the users’ device then, the users may locate their activation keycode from the user interface of the software. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the user interface of the Webroot by tapping the ‘Webroot’ icon either from the taskbar or from the desktop.
- Now, tap the Menu button displayed on the upper rightmost corner of the interface.
- And then, from the drop down menu, click the “My Account” option.
- After this, a window will be prompted on the device having the details regarding the Webroot subscription and activation keycode.
- Uninstall the Webroot subscription from plder devices:
The users can easily protect limited number of devices by using their Webroot Subscription. Thus, the users need to uninstall the Webroot setup from the older devices, if the license has been installed to maximum number of devices. For uninstalling the Webroot Software, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the “Control Panel” by following the path as shown below:
Start Menu >> Control Panel
- Now, select the “Programs” option from the Control Panel window.
- And then, select the “Uninstall a program” option.
- A list will be displayed on the screen that shows all the programs that have been installed to the users’ device.
- From this list, select the “Webroot” software and then, click the “Uninstall” option.
- Install the Webroot Subscription to another device:
By following the steps detailed below, the user could easily install their Webroot subscription to another device:
- Firstly, login to the Webroot Online Management account.
- And then, click the “Settings” menu.
- After this, select the “Subscriptions” option from the drop down menu.
- A list of all the Webroot subscriptions that have been subscribed by the users will be displayed on the screen. (If no such subscription details are shown on the device then, the users may call the Webroot Subscription Support.
- Select the Webroot Subscription that the users want to install to another device.
- And then, click the “Install to another device” button.
- A new window will be prompted on the device. On this window, select the “Type of Device” and then, click the download button.
- Now, execute the Webroot installer file and follow the instructions to install the Webroot Subscription to the device.